Cougar with James Bond option !!!!!

Hier geht es rund um die Stromversorgung des Ford Cougar
Antworten

Themenstarter
cougarisis

Hello everybody.

I will try to explain my trouble. :o
Since 2 years I can't open my car with the remote on the key.
I have to use my key to open my car.

But this is not the main trouble ( link for sure !)

The others cars around my car can't be open also by their remote.
My cougar is jamming the connection.
As soon as I leave, the problem is solve for the others cars.

My cougar is also jamming the automatic door with remote control.
Also the parallelism test bench for tyres in Ford garage!!!!

Ford is working on my car since theses two years but they can't solve this trouble.
They change many electronics device, they check program....

If anyone have same trouble, please contact me.
I you have also evidence of this kind of jamming.....

Thanks in adavance for your reply.

Cougarisis.

Themenstarter
juliocougar

Wow.
Very curious indeed! :shock: :wall:

It sounds like a frequency conflict.
First, is there anything else in your car, (alarm, car-phone, etc...) that might be transmitting a signal that interferes with both your keyless entry and other nearby similar systems?

Second, Is your Cougar approved for France? ... maybe check with your French office responsible for frequency assignments to see if they can identify the conflict. (In the US, it's the FCC, in Germany, the office is RegTP).

Third, Maybe speak with a company that installs alarms and keyless entry systems for cars in France, maybe they are familiar with such issues, and/or can shed some light on the problem.

In any case, it sounds like it's way above the capabilities most Ford dealerships...
Good Luck!
Eric

Themenstarter
juliocougar

... you mention an automatic garage door opoener problem...
do you keep the remote in your car?...
that may be one possible interference... for example.

Themenstarter
cougarisis

Hello Juliocougar,

The car is jamming the automatic garage door where I live. :oops:
I have to put my car far away ( more than 30 meters) from the receiving device.
When my car is around nobody can open the door ( we are 15 people using this door.) even if we put the remote close to the receiving device.

In the car, there is no more electrical device than original.
Ford put a radio wiht CD charger when it sold me the car but nothing more.

The car is also jamming some alarm car.
The people can't stop it with my car around.

At Ford, the last thing they have done, is to change completely the electrical beam. But nothing change.

Next wednesday, I have rendez-vous with the Ford responsible to discus about this subjet (one more time....)

I check on the car book and it is notice that it follow rules frenquency also in France.
I think I will contect them if nothing move at Ford. :cry:

Cougarisis.

bigmek
Cougar-Profi
Baujahr: 1998
Motor: R4

Hi !
Reading your pretty cool but anoying Cougar problem I see that your Cougar acts like a antenna. Well, from what I learned at work when we measured the electro magnetic radiation on new computing systems even a single not grounded body part could cause such strange radiation. So even if the Dealer had already replaced several electrical parts it could still be a cable somewhere touching the Cougars body and using it as antenna. Or in the cable tree a short could cause this.
I would suggest to unplug the battery, remove the Fuses for all devices and then start to put them back in and check one time after the other if the problem is already back. If it is related to a single component this could be used to track down your problem. If motorelectronik is back with power and you are still able to use the remote in the garage you can be pretty sure that this is not the cause.
This is probably the only, but perhaps time consuming, way they could look for the problem.
Perhaps you or Ford can eliminate the problem.
Greetings Marc
Bild

Themenstarter
cougarman

Maybe it is a short in your key. When it sends permanent data it blocks other.

Themenstarter
cougarisis

Good news for my cougar. :D
the problem is now solved.

In fact, the car was for the boss of Ford garage and they have installed a bipper to alert if there is someone who want to "pick up" the car.
When they sold me the car, they don't speak about this bipper and they didn't give me the remote for this bipper.

After removing this bipper, everythings come back to normal way.
I can use my remote control for opening door ( it is very boring to use the key to open the door) and the car around me are OK.

The Ford garage stay with a 2500 euros bill :cry: ( for parts changed and working hours). Nothing to pay for me because it is their mistake.

So this story finish well :D exept for Ford :cry: .

Regards.

Blackadder
Lehrling
Baujahr: 2000
Motor: V6

That is excellent news (but not for Ford)... :D
Bild
Antworten